Welcome

Thank you for stopping by. Strawberry Monde is a smorgasboard of all the things I find interesting, ranging from current events to pop culture to fashion to food and entertainment. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Veteran's Day


The Conan post is on hold for a more timely and serious matter. Today we honor those who have served in our American armed forces. Last night I attended an event at which two embedded journalists who recently returned from Afghanistan showed photos and told of what they had seen in Marjah. The journalists were embedded with Marines during August and early fall of this year. I think about all the people in my generation who are spending their 20s in the war zones of the middle east. Their sacrifice is beyond my comprehension. Let's salute all military veterans, for doing the most difficult jobs and answering the call of their country.

0 comments:

Post a Comment