Welcome

Thank you for stopping by. Strawberry Monde is a smorgasboard of all the things I find interesting, ranging from current events to pop culture to fashion to food and entertainment. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Holiday Books

I am nearly done with my term at school and have found the past few weeks were such a whirlwind I wasn't able to get much writing done. Well, actually I did a ton of writing. I was just writing a 20 page literature review and 3 other papers instead of writing for this blog. I am looking forward to this week and getting back into the habit of updating.

When I was young I loved to read and I always looked forward to bringing out the holiday books at Christmastime. Here are a few of my favorites:

The Starlight Bride by Paul Owen Lewis
This book is beautifully illustrated by Pacific Northwest author Paul Owen Lewis. A prince must find his bride and one true love before Christmas.

Christmas Trolls by Jan Brett has some of the most intricate and beautiful illustrations. The mittens in this book look a lot like the ones my grandmother used to knit for our family.

Kirsten's Suprise was a book based on the American Girl doll who had come to America with her family from Sweden. I still love this book because it is all about blending old traditions with new during the holidays.



This year I'd like to add Letters from Father Christmas by J.R.R. Tolkien to my collection!

{All images via Amazon.com}


0 comments:

Post a Comment