Welcome

Thank you for stopping by. Strawberry Monde is a smorgasboard of all the things I find interesting, ranging from current events to pop culture to fashion to food and entertainment. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Tough Mudder

This week I signed up for Tough Mudder Squaw Valley, in September. It's a 10 mile endurance race, designed by British Special Forces that includes 18 obstacles such as swimming under barrels, running over logs, climbing walls, and running through fire. It claims to be the hardest one day endurance race on the planet.

I decided to register because a friend is on a team and I was able to join, and also because I wanted to have a big fitness goal this year. Here in Portland, marathons and half marathons are the thing to do. I've considered doing one, but there's a problem, I don't love running and the idea of doing it for 5 hours straight is just not that appealing to me. I'm pretty sure there is no way I'll be bored during Tough Mudder.

It's about 6 months until the race and I'm really looking forward to the training. It's great to have a big goal to be reaching toward. Here is a video to give you an idea of what the race is like.

0 comments:

Post a Comment