Welcome

Thank you for stopping by. Strawberry Monde is a smorgasboard of all the things I find interesting, ranging from current events to pop culture to fashion to food and entertainment. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Friday Five

Here are five things that I'm loving in 2011:

Bosu Ball This is one of my favorite pieces of equipment to use at the gym. You can use it to practice your balance, do planks and push-ups with it. My favorite use for it is balancing on it while tossing a medicine ball to a friend. Some day I will own one of these. Oh yes, it will be mine.


The Hunger Games

I got this book for Christmas and once I started reading it finished it in under a week. It's aimed at young adults and reminded me a lot of The Giver and The Lord of the Flies.


Rooibos Tea
I first tried Vanilla Rooibos during college and loved it. Recently I've been drinking plain Rooibos, which is grown in South Africa. It's got a warm, rich and a little bit sweet flavor. It's great for people who almost like Chai.

Pantene Pro-V Beautiful Lengths Shampoo & ConditionerThis shampoo is designed for long hair but is also an effort to promote the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program, which is a program that encourages the growth and donation of hair to make wigs for cancer patients. You can read about their program here. Their requirement for length for donation is 8 inches, which is shorter by a couple of inches than many comparable donation programs.


Snowshoeing

This is one of my favorite ways to get out in the winter and get some exercise. It's much cheaper than downhill skiing (especially if you invest in some snowshoes) and is a great way to spend a day. Pack a lunch and a map and enjoy scenery like this.

0 comments:

Post a Comment