Welcome

Thank you for stopping by. Strawberry Monde is a smorgasboard of all the things I find interesting, ranging from current events to pop culture to fashion to food and entertainment. I hope you enjoy your visit!

Things that make you go "Hmmmm"

When I was in college, my marketing professor did a unit on campaigns aimed at "tweens" and popular tween culture. At the time, Miley Cyrus' star was just beginning to rise and another teeny bopper, JoJo was popular. My 50 year old professor showed us a news magazine special that featured JoJo, basking in her defiant tween glory and as we proceeded to discuss it, provided his viewpoint that JoJo exhibited the "ick factor." The professor went on to describe that feeling as being the anti-x-factor. Something that you couldn't quite describe but just repulsed you. I don't often observe cultural phenomenon that fall into that category, but I came across these images on CoCo Perez of a photo shoot from Vogue Paris Cadeaux and if they aren't "ick" I don't know what is. There's just something totally wrong about adults dressing children up like models and then asking them to mimic them.
{images via CoCo Perez}

0 comments:

Post a Comment